“DINNER FOR A SMILE” – JAN. 25, 2013
Dinner for a Smile, a very important charity event to celebrate the first 5 years of PORTA DEL CIELO ONLUS.
Friday, Jan. 25, 8:30 p.m. European University of Rome.
The evening, held in the prestigious setting of the European University of Rome, aims to celebrate the first 5 years of activity of the non-profit organization Porta del Cielo(www.portadelcielo.com
) and, at the same time, sensitize the consciences of believers and those who have not yet come to know God’s Love to the deepening of human relationships and help toward others, starting precisely with the little ones – the pure in heart – whose suffering, combined with that of their families, far from driving us away from the Faith makes us, on the contrary, find the true essence of Living in Jesus: the Giving of oneself completely to others, through the confident and
Complete surrender to Providence.
In these first 5 years of activity, in which children from underprivileged families mostly from Bosnia and Herzegovina but also from Italy and other countries have been cared for, our NGO has been enriched by the living Faith and life experience of these families who, instead of complaining or throwing themselves into despair, have always thanked the Lord, even in the most extreme adversity.
Our first patient was Matteo Soldo, grandson of Marjana Dragicevic-one of the Medjugorje seers-and from that experience, we have come to collaborate with some of the most important Italian hospitals and with distinguished luminaries of medical science, who will be present and testimonials of the evening.
We will also have video greetings from two Medjugorje visionaries, Vicka Ivankovic and Jacov Colo, as well as those of Paolo Brosio, journalist and writer. The evening will be presented by Valeria Altobelli, a presenter and actress who has participated in Miss Italy and represented Italy in the Miss World pageant.
Among the personalities who have confirmed their attendance are:
– Prof. Mario Zama – chief of plastic and maxillofacial surgery at Osp. Baby Jesus Pediatric
– Prof. Giulio Maira – chief and professor of the chair of neurosurgery at the Catholic University and Policlinico A. Gemelli
– Dr. Lucia Celesti – general direction of Osp. Baby Jesus Pediatric
– Dr. Saverio Gaeta – Journalist, Vaticanist and writer
– Ms. Anna Fendi – Entrepreneur
– Hon. Francesco Storace – candidate for the presidency of the Lazio Region.
– Hon. Alessandro Pagano – member of the children’s committee and finance committee of the Chamber of Deputies and board member of Gate of Heaven
– D.ssa Francesca Lo Schiavo – set designer – 3-time Oscar winner with Dante Ferretti
– Mara Santangelo – former world tennis champion (doubles) and winner of Roland Garros (France)
– Hon. Mario Pescante- former undersecretary of Sports
– Eleonora Brigliadori – actress and presenter as well as numerous other personalities and entrepreneurs.
We point out that, just on January 25, it will also be Francesco Storace’s birthday.